Functional Wellness is an essential exercise routine to maximize the body’s functional capacity. It incorporates physical rehabilitation therapies to strengthen muscles, muscle memory and reduce risk of functional limitations as we age. Functional Wellness enables patients to stay ACTIVE and VITAL at any age. It treats injuries or muscle imbalance via soft tissue release, stretching and strengthening exercises without drugs and surgery.
Functional Wellness takes a ‘whole person’ approach to health and wellbeing, which includes the patient’s general lifestyle. At the core, it cares for the patient, through education, awareness, empowerment and participation in their treatment.
These rehabilitation techniques can be incorporated at any time in your life. It helps with back pain or sudden injury, managing a long-term medical condition such as asthma, and in preparing for childbirth or a sporting event.
How Does It help?
· Relieves muscle pain and spasm
· Enhances body range of motion and mobility
· Prevents stiffness and contractures
· Improves strength and co-ordination
· Aids in neurological disorders and cardiopulmonary conditions
· Recover from sports injuries within a shorter timespan